Saturday 25 February 2012

The Magic of Makeup

I thought I'd do a quick post of my everyday makeup routine, I got this idea from one of my favourit beauty bloggers and youtubers SprinkleofGlitter :) she posted an image on her instagram of before and after makeup and I thought it was a great idea! This post just simply runs through the products I use on an everyday basis to create a presentable face for the day ahead.
Good makeup starts with good skin! I believe in this 100%, because of this my first steps in the morning are cleanse, tone, serum and moisturise. Next up is BB cream, I use the new Estée Lauder bb cream to help keep my skin moisturised throughout the day as well as even out my skintine. Overall this product helps perfect, protect and hydrate the skin. A light layer of foundation, I personally use Estée Lauder double wear for a 15 hour long wearing, medium to full coverage :) mac studio fix concealer to help cover blemishes and any redness showing through. I then powder the skin to lock my foundation in place. Contouring the cheeks help define your cheekbones and slender the face, blush on the apples of the cheeks for a slight pop of colour and a shimmery light powder applied with a fan brush above your blush really helps to highlight where the sun will naturally hit the skin. Moving onto eyes :) I apply a Chanel cream eyeshadow in a shimmery peach colour all over the lid with my finger and then from the urban decay naked 2 palette, 'tease' a matte brown/ taupe shade with a blending brush into the crease. Liquid or pencil eyeliner on top lash line and a few coats of mascara to top and bottom lashes. If you have time for nothing else, mascara will make a hugee difference and the best product I'd recommend applying. And last but not least a light pink lipstick :) and your done! Ready to head out the door for a day full of adventure. I know it seems a lot of products to pile onto your skin for a 'quick' everyday look but once you get into the routine it becomes so natural and effortless. I love makeup and playing around with different looks and colours, but when it comes to needing to leave the house in a relatively short amount of time this is the look il go for :)

(I already know how dreadful I look in the before part of this image so no need for any nasty comments :) )

Have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment